Promicra Sunflower LED Illuminator
Promicra Sunflower - Diffused LED Illuminator for Stereo Microscopes
(Microscope NOT Included)
6 individual LED microscope illuminator segments designed to provide incident light illumination for difficult-to-illuminate stereo microscope specimens. Provides glare free diffused illumination for specimens including insects, semiconductor parts, jewellery, gemstones, metals, rocks, plastics, glass, and highly reflective surfaces.
Compatibility with Stereomicroscopes
Regarding the compatibility, the most important parameter of the stereomicroscope is a diameter of its lens (objective). The reason is, the diameter of illuminator’s upper opening for the lens is 69 mm.
Lenses with diameter up to 69 mm
Lenses with diameter up to 69 mm can go through the upper opening of the illuminator. In such case, there are two important parameters of the lens, which need to be considered:
- WD – Working Distance
- LL – Length of the Lens
In order to be able to focus the microscope without a need to lift up the specimen or to open the arms of the illuminator, the following criterion should be accomplished:
WD + LL > 133 mm
(That means, that the sum of Working Distance of the lens and Length of the Lens needs to be higher than is the height of the illuminator.)
Lenses with diameter greater than 69 mm
Lenses with diameter greater than 69 mm cannot go through the upper opening of the illuminator. In such cases, the working distance of the lens used needs to be higher than is the height of the illuminator (which is 133 mm) or the specimen needs to be lifted up under the illuminator.
- 12 independently controlled LED segments plus central ring light creating pseudo-spherical surface illuminate the specimen from almost all directions without producing shades.
- Diffusers of LED segments for glare reduction.
- 6 tilting arms for convenient specimen handling and setting the angle of light incident on a specimen
- 432 LEDs provide high illuminating power.
- LEDs with high colour rendering index Ra>95 provide excellent colour reproduction.
- Single button press switches on / off the whole upper and lower ring formed by LED segments
- Rotation of the preset combination of lit / switched off LED segments clockwise and counter clockwise
- Constant colour temperature over the whole illumination range
- Constant brightness – no flickering and no interference with the camera’s image frequency
- Low power consumption, lifetime over 54 000 hours
- Environmentally friendly solution – free from halogen and mercury, RoHS compliant
- Dimensions: 195 mm x 195 mm x 133 mm (height)
- PC control option (SDK available)
- Supported by QuickPHOTO 3.x microscope software suite
- CE certified and RoHS compliant
Shipping and Handling:
All products purchased from www.microscopes.com.au will be despatched either same day or next day of your order being received. Delivery within Australia can be expected within 7 working days.